Canada nationals: Senior Program Manager (Wastewater)
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in Our Communities, Our Environment and Our People. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations and provide safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day.
Join the Process Optimization & Technical Services team at the Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) in an exciting opportunity to lead and inspire a dynamic team in developing engineering/process optimization business opportunities in support of the Agency's business goals.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Provide engineering leadership and technical guidance for wastewater treatment process solution, project initiatives and services;
• Lead and/or conduct comprehensive performance evaluations and operational analyses regarding the design and capacity of wastewater plants to support compliance and optimization;
• Provide technical guidance in water and wastewater matters and prepare technical reports/memos with recommendations and solutions related to these areas;
• Lead and oversee the planning and delivery of OCWA's wastewater treatment process optimization projects;
• Support the development of engineering designs and project plans to establish project objectives, ensure that project timelines and commitments are being met in accordance with engineering technical standards;
• Prepare regular and ad hoc project status reports for the Director; identify and resolve project issues, and ensure the successful and timely completion of all projects/initiatives;
• Provide process/technical input and review in support of local hubs for the RFP and tendering process for external contract resources;
• Lead, conduct and support data gathering, process optimization investigations and evaluations for a wide variety of wastewater treatment processes and provide recommendations to meet/exceed compliance requirements and provide capital recommendations;
• Provide onsite and remote technical advice, expertise, support and guidance across Ontario by trouble shooting process, hydraulic, solids and mechanical issues and work to optimize wastewater treatment plants alongside local hub teams.
How do I qualify?
• Licensed Professional Engineer by Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
• Ability to travel throughout the province as required, including overnight trips
• Valid driver's license
Technical Skills and Knowledge
• Technical knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of Chemical, Civil or Environmental engineering discipline, wastewater and /or water related fields, engineering design and analyses of complex wastewater and water systems to lead the development, design, modelling and optimization of industrial/municipal wastewater facilities.
• Knowledge of government approval processes, protocols/practices and evaluation techniques to manage the planning, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects.
• Knowledge of Project Management methodologies to successfully deliver projects within the group business model.
• Research methodologies and evaluation techniques to manage the planning, implementation and evaluation of assigned projects.
• Research methodologies to identify best practices and technologies to resolve operational and compliance issues at wastewater treatment plants.
• Maintain and improve knowledge and application of new technologies to improve wastewater treatment plant operations.
• Knowledge of computer applications and related engineering or data manipulation/analysis software to conduct analysis, monitor work progress and prepare reports
Skills and Ability include
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Demonstrated analytical, consultation and problem solving skills.
• Excellent qualitative and quantitative research, planning and evaluating skills.
• Proficiency in strategically identifying research and development needs for the Agency.
• Excellent presentation skills with demonstrated ability to make recommendationsfor engineering technology to multiple audiences including technical staff and elected officials.
• Ability to prepare proposals, technical documents, user manuals and guidelines.
• Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize well and meet strict deadlines.
What's in it for you?
• Flexible learning and development opportunities.
• Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
• Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 25 years.
• Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
• A defined benefit pension plan; Comprehensive Health Plan; Life and Disability Insurance.
• Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- 1 Permanent, 2085, Hurontario St, Mississauga, Central Region
Professional Engineers, Government of Ontario
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Friday, September 4, 2020
How to apply:
- You must submit your application using only one of the methods identified below.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Be sure to quote the Job ID number for this position.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Send application to:
Ontario Clean Water Agency
Hiring Manager: Shelly Bonte-Gelok
Attention: Nina Skwara
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Tuesday, September 22, 2020 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.