Position Title: Project Coordinator - Arkansas River National Water Trail
Location: Remote - preferably in the Greater Wichita Metro Area
Contact: Jessica Mounts, Executive Director
Opens: September 7, 2020
Closes: September 18, 2020
Hours: Part-time, limited, grant-funded
Method of Application: Submit resume and cover letter via indeed.com by 5 pm on September 18, 2020. At this link.
Who we are: The Kansas Alliance for Wetlands and Streams (KAWS) is a non-profit organization working to connect the lands, water, and people of Kansas. Our vision is waters that are clean, plentiful and protected, lands that are prosperous for people and wildlife, and people who are knowledgeable in sustaining our natural resources.
We’ve been working with landowners and producers across Kansas for more than 20 years to improve water quality, reduce sediment and nutrient runoff, and build strong partnerships with natural resource agencies and other organizations along the way. KAWS is a team of professional and creative people working to inspire natural resource conservation through science-based solutions.
The River Project Coordinator will coordinate with the KAWS Administrative Staff on the execution of the tasks identified in the 2020 National Recreational Trail Grant.
- Assist Administrative Staff in development of the signage elements
- Coordinate with landowners and relevant city/county administrations on access signage placement, timing, permits, dig safe, and other relevant information
- Coordinate with partners & municipalities to schedule installation of the kiosks
- Participate in all sign kiosk installation days
- Coordinate and participate in any “ribbon cutting” events
- Routinely informing the Administrative Staff about river-related issues by providing draft press releases, requests for media interviews, emails, articles, and requests for speaking engagements.
- Prepare monthly status reports
- Inform Administrative Staff when website content needs updating throughout the project
- Assist with the leadership of the Arkansas River Signage Work Group and Community Meetings
The successful candidate will:
- Have a demonstrated commitment and passion for water resources and community engagement.
- Have strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate complex issues and technical information to a diverse audience, including excellent speaking, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Must be proficient in Google Drive, (or similar) and advanced in online communication tools, including social media.
- Have a working knowledge of paddling and Kansas boating laws, and be comfortable in and around the water.
- Have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Work independently with little direction from others.
- Applicant should be a detail oriented individual with the ability to work independently and prioritize a variable work schedule and have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Job will occasionally require walking through rough terrain and/or inclement weather conditions. Knowledge of google suite of products, social media, and graphic design principles is beneficial.
Kansas Alliance for Wetlands and Streams - KAWS
- A passion for protecting water resources and a commitment to the mission and vision of KAWS is essential.
Knowledge of the Arkansas River and the issues impacting the river are a plus.
Compensation: starting at $1700/ month. This is a part-time, limited term position that is anticipated to last up to
24-months. Part-time employees are ineligible for healthcare benefits.
Non-Discrimination: KAWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, or other non-merit factor.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: From $1,700.00 per month
- Flexible schedule
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Due to COVID-19: Interviews for this position may be conducted via zoom and will require a reliable internet connection.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Wichita, KS (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Fully Remote
Company's Facebook page: