Title: Program Officer – WASH/ Nutrition
Duty Station: Kilifi Kenya/ Arua Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
The African Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP) is an advocacy and networking platform for Christian Health Associations (CHAs) and Church Health Networks from Sub-Saharan Africa established through a declaration of commitment by the 3rd Africa Christian Health Associations Biennial Conference held in Bagamoyo, Tanzania in January 2007. ACHAP brings together more than 40 national level faith-based networks providing services in 32 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa to share resources, establish technical working groups (TWGs), and provide ongoing training and technical assistance (TA) to its members. In addition, governments see ACHAP members as critical players and in many African countries partner with them to provide health support services, even to government facilities.
The Wash/Nutrition Officer is responsible for the implementation of high quality and high impact WASH and Nutrition community interventions. S/he will support development of staff and community capacity building in WASH and Nutrition interventions, participate in mobilization of resources and ensure implementation is done in close collaboration with project team, the local community, the local leadership and other relevant stakeholders. The position is based in Kilifi County – Kenya / Arua District - Uganda.
- Develop and review technical content as required on implementation of high quality and high impact WASH and Nutrition community interventions.
- Assist with development of work plans, proposals, budgets for the WASH and Nutrition component of the project
- Assess and advise on capacity building needs within the project team on implementation of high quality and high impact WASH and Nutrition community interventions.
- Support in training and mentorship of project staff and field teams, as required, on implementation of high quality and high impact WASH and Nutrition community interventions.
- Track and prepare reports, as required, of activities related to implementation of high quality and high impact WASH and Nutrition community interventions; including documentation of key lessons learned and success stories.
- Actively participate in WASH and Nutrition technical working group meetings and other meetings at the County/ District level.
- Ensure appropriate establishment of linkages between WASH & nutrition services with other health and non-health activities within the project.
- Assist in developing relevant IEC materials that will be used for training and carrying out WASH and Nutrition awareness creation activities.
- Participate in regular support supervision to the field teams on WASH and Nutrition.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Clinical Medicine, Nursing, Environmental Health, or other relevant field.
- At least 3 years practical experience in the planning and execution of hygiene and nutrition projects at community level.
- Experience of working with donor funding agencies and/or foundations.
- Has sensitivity and understanding of the beneficiary population.
- Dynamic personality and a team player.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills including the ability to explain and present technical information.
- Experience in capacity building and training of staff and community teams.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications to: indicating preferred station (Kenya/Uganda) and position they are applying for on the subject of the email.
Application Closing date: 18th September 2020