It’s hard to believe that today over 663 million people in the world still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.4 billion live without adequate toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every 2 minutes.
WaterAid Ghana is looking for a Head of Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strategic leadership of the Country programme as part of Senior Management Team (SMT) and implementation of the country strategy programme.
- Provide strategic leadership for the Country Programme and its partners’ role in contributing to the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, WaterAid influencing priorities which include ‘Healthy Start’ (integrating WASH and Health), sector strengthening, among others.
- Champion the application of agreed approaches such as District Wide Approach (DWA), Human Rights-Based Approach (HRBA), and Endogenous Development (ED) approach etc. that will enhance WAG’s effectiveness.
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
- A Master’s Degree in Public Policy or Administration, Social Science, Governance, Development Studies, or relevant discipline.
- 6-8 years of practical experience in Policy, Advocacy and Campaigns.
- Experience in engagement with the WASH sector at the highest level towards the realisation of the Sustainable Development Goals; Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies, civil society groups, development partners and communities.
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your application, consisting of a letter of interest and your CV to: [email protected] using ‘Head of Policy, Advocacy & Campaigns’ as the subject of their email.
Please note: As you will be based in Accra, you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Ghana.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and must be ready to go through an extensive selection process. Any lobbying will result in disqualification.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position.
No recruitment agencies please.