Oxford Policy Management Limited (OPM) is one of the world’s leading international policy development and management consultancies. We enable strategic decision-makers in the public and private sector to identify and implement sustainable solutions for reducing social and economic disadvantage in low- and middle-income countries.
Supported by a multinational team of over 300 employees on three continents, our success is based on a unique combination of high-quality analysis and 30 years’ practical experience of facilitating positive change in over 120 countries worldwide. The fields in which we operate range from health, education and the extractive industries through to public sector finance and administration, social welfare, and national statistical systems and household surveys.
Our Climate Change portfolio designs and implements local, regional and national climate change and disaster risk management policies that enable countries to adapt to climate change, to mitigate future risk and to encourage low-carbon growth.
We wish to build our team and are now seeking to recruit a Senior Consultant based in our Islamabad office to respond to increasing demand from our government and donor clients.
The type of skills we are interested in include:
- Renewable energy policy and/or energy efficiency
- Forestry/agriculture/land-use policy related to climate change
- Climate change adaptation policy and planning
- Disaster risk management
- Urban resilience
- Climate finance
- Large programme management
- Governance and institutional reform
- Monitoring and evaluation of climate change projects and policies
Typically, you will be involved in and responsible for:
- Delivery of technical work on OPM consulting and other projects, across a range of issues, both short-term diagnostic work and long-term climate change reform projects, in support of developing country governments and international aid agencies, in accordance with required delivery deadlines and OPM quality and report writing standards.
- Manage consulting projects falling within the Portfolio area.
- Prepare expressions of interest and proposals for new work opportunities.
- Work in close collaboration with other portfolios in the Pakistan team and contribute towards business development in Pakistan.
- Foster good relations with clients including donor agencies and partner government ministries, taking an active role in developing new areas of work and potential new relationships through existing or new networks and contacts.
- Contribute as required to general business and technical development activities such writing articles and participating in other research and publication programmes as required.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Degree and post-graduate qualification in relevant discipline (for example, economics, environmental economics, development studies) or other appropriate discipline.
- Strong work experience of climate change and/or disaster risk policy.
- Experience of working with government officials and international agencies is a positive.
- Ideally, a good understanding of project management and experience of managing projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Ideally, ability to work in at least one relevant foreign language in addition to English.
- The right to work in Pakistan is essential
The role is full time and permanent based in our office in Islamabad however, applicants should be willing to undertake work-related travel to Africa, Asia and other international locations.
OPM offers a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement and other excellent benefits.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27th January 2017.
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.
Thank you for considering OPM and we wish you all the best for your application.