Water Resources Scientist
ICPRB seeks a Scientist to assist with interesting and challenging projects in the Water Resources program area, providing an exciting opportunity to apply diverse skills in a large river basin context. The Interstate Commission on the Potomac River Basin’s (ICPRB) mission is to enhance, protect, and conserve the water and associated land resources of the Potomac River basin and its tributaries through regional and interstate cooperation. ICPRB’s water resources program includes planning and assessment activities as well as the Potomac River Drinking Water Source Protection Partnership. Typical projects include local and basin-wide comprehensive planning, TMDL development and implementation planning, water demand and supply forecasting, and scientific research to name a few.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrated understanding of applied water resources principles and concepts related to water supply, water quality, source water protection, and/or hydrology;
- Experience with hydrologic modeling including HSPF, SWAT, MODFLOW or similar;
- Applied understanding of water resources statistics;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences, both orally and in writing; and
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental stewardship and collaborative management of resources.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Preferred Education: Ph.D. or Master’s degree in water resources, hydrology, engineering, or related field.
ICPRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, located in Rockville, Maryland.
Please send an electronic copy of cover letter, resume, and salary history to [email protected] by 5:00 PM on January 9, 2017. No phone calls, please.