Reports to: Director of Programs & Operations
Overview: The Program Manager-Downspout Disconnection Program is a key position in Rock Creek Conservancy. The Program Manager oversees the management of our entire contract with DC Water for the Downspout Disconnection & Rain Barrel installation program in conjunction with our contractors making sure that all tasks are completed and reported in accordance with all contract specifications and deadlines. The main components of the program are door‐to‐door canvassing, program enrollment, disconnection of residential downspouts, and the installation of rain barrels located at specific project areas in the neighborhoods of the Rock Creek and Potomac River sewersheds.
- Act as main liaison between DC Water’s Green Infrastructure Private Space Implementation Coordinator, Rock Creek Conservancy, and contractor(s) the Conservancy may use.
- Attend all Downspout Disconnection project meetings and training sessions.
- Coordinate with Communications Manager and DC Water on development of outreach materials and manage distribution of materials and all social media surrounding the program.
- Respond to phone calls and emails regarding the program.
- Management of all responsibilities either directly with Conservancy staff or with a contractor which included but are not limited to:
- Door‐to‐door canvassing of approximately 2,300 properties identified as having potential downspouts to disconnect in the project areas.
- Performing eligibility audits for all homeowners interested in the program.
- Obtaining homeowner agreements from homeowners who enroll in program.
- Ensuring downspouts meet disconnection criteria.
- Disconnecting all downspouts that meet disconnection criteria (as outlined in DOEE’s Stormwater Management Guidebook).
- Installing rain barrels as requested.
- Recording all activities in the provided data management platform (ArcGIS Collector).
- Coordinate all logistics of storage and scheduling of all rain barrels and disconnects.
- Respond to any issues/homeowner inquiries arising from disconnection work.
- Call any homeowners who have not responded to multiple canvasing attempts.
- Work with DC Water and DOEE to determine eligibility for RiverSmart Rewards.
- Fix and manage the fix through contractors any deficiencies DC Water identifies during the verification process.
- Provide monthly invoices/progress reports.
- Provide a final report summarizing activities, outcomes, lessons learned, and recommendations.
- Work full-time on-site at DC Water through project launch.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success managing and implementing Green Infrastructure or Stormwater related programs
- Experience with Downspout Disconnections and installation of Rain Barrels.
- Experience partnering with private landowners and other partners, or otherwise coordinating a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creativity, flexibility, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to establish, track, and meet deadlines under time pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Frequent weekend work and must be flexible to work evenings and extended hours when needed
- Must have a car or access to a car when needed for travel throughout the Rock Creek and Potomac River Watershed
- Experience with community outreach and engagement activities
- Knowledge of the Rock Creek and Potomac River watershed and DC environmental issues