Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and pro-actively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydro-geology, hydrology, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, and Information Management. We help our clients to identify and respond to opportunities and threats within constantly changing regulatory and corporate environments, through active engagement with the public, stakeholder groups, and governmental regulators. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of projects that may include endangered species assessments, habitat restoration, wetland characterizations, and water resources management.
Our San Diego, CA office is seeking an Intern to assist with various projects.
This position is for a part-time as needed Intern to support various environmental science projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Recent graduate or currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior or Graduate Student in an applicable Environmental Science, Geology or Environmental Engineering program.
- Studies or experience with environmental projects which may include; research, CEQA, and environmental sciences preferred.
- Cross-trained in Phase I ESAs, experienced with soil and groundwater sampling, and field monitoring – preferred.
- Current 40hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification – preferred.
- The ideal candidate is a self – Starter with good oral and written communication skills and experienced with Microsoft office products.
- Valid driver’s license required and successful completion of background check, pre-employment physical exam and drug screening.