Position type: Full time
Pay: Commensurate with experience, 2 weeks’ vacation in the first year and benefits after probationary period.
Application deadline: September 2, 2020
The Rivershed Society of BC is looking for a passionate and experienced Director of Strategic Partnerships and Education Programs to join our team. Building off RSBCs 25 years of history in the Fraser Watershed, the candidate will be responsible for the development of our education programs and strategic partnerships.
This position will work closely with the Executive Director and other team members to ensure the successful delivery of our new Watershed CPR Education Program in the Lower Fraser and develop our network of Watershed Defenders and leaders throughout the Fraser Watershed. Our ideal candidate would be an effective organizer, with strong communication skills, and experience developing and implementing education programs and/or campaigns.
Existing relationships and networks with the Fraser Watershed would be an asset. As would a working understanding of watersheds and Watershed CPR (conserve, protect, restore). Our programs are diverse and include educational river trips as well as virtual programing.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of RSBCs virtual Watershed CPR workshop in the Lower Fraser and develop a 5-year plan for expansion throughout the Fraser Watershed.
- Manage relationships with our network of partners, Watershed Defenders, and key stakeholders throughout the Fraser Watershed, to build regional networks and develop and promote RSBC.
- Champion and manage new projects to create stronger partnerships.
- Build the organizational network through targeted outreach and strong project planning.
- Work with the Executive Director and the rest of the RSBC team to ensure the successful implementation of our strategic plan.
Skills and experience
- Education content development: Experience developing educational content for youth and adults. Ideally someone who can engage people in both virtual and in person settings.
- Project Management Skills: Can create in depth, strategic workplans and manage the day to day and big picture pieces of various projects. Attention to detail.
- Community Organizing: Outgoing with advanced interpersonal skills including the ability to create new partnerships while maintaining our existing ones.
- Teamwork Skills: Able to work effectively in a remote work setting and collaborate with team mates to ensure high quality products. Be a self-starter but be engaged in team efforts.
- Tech Skills: Must be able to work in a collaborative online setting from a home office. Experience working with Microsoft 365 Suite. Must have own computer, phone, access to internet, and sufficient home office set up.
- Knowledge of Watersheds: A understanding of Watersheds and their significance.
Experience facilitating Programing an asset
Experience in canoes, rafts, and/or camping an asset.
Social Media Skills/experience an asset.
Fundraising Skills/experience an asset.
Education: Degree in related field or the equivalent in experience.
Work Experience: 2 or more years’ experience developing strategic partnerships and implementing education programs.
How to apply:
Please send the following to [email protected] :
- Cover letter.
- Two references.