Corona specializes in solving challenging and emerging drinking water problems across the US. As a small firm, we avoid unnecessary bureaucracy and individuals benefit from working on a wide variety of projects. Staff are directly mentored by several of the nation’s leading experts on drinking water quality. Our projects demand high standards of performance, but we strive to ensure all employees maintain a healthy work-life balance. As a Corona team member, you will work on fulfilling projects, your opinions and experience will be valued, and you will directly influence your career path.
Corona Environmental Consulting, LLC, provides specialty consulting services to the water industry. We seek individuals that hold themselves to the highest technical and professional standard. As a member of our dynamic and growing team, you will work out of our Rockland, MA Water Resources group to:
- Support GIS and database management needs for drinking water systems
- Work with and quality assure a large database of regulatory and environmental spatial datasets
- Perform regular updates of datasets and change analysis
- Work with open source tools in an online commercial GIS environment
- Collaborate on process efficiency and quality control improvements for spatial data management
- Curate and maintain a large database of spatial information (1000+ layers).
- Implement data quality control processes and efficiency improvements.
- Communicate professionally with corporations, government agencies, water utilities, NGOs and private property owners to solicit information and datasets.
- Create, edit and analyze spatial datasets.
- Assist with statistical data exploration and analysis, with supervision.
- Interact with clients to understand their needs and resolve problems.
- Respond to emergencies to support customer and other agencies
- All other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, computer science or related field
- Experience with open source GIS tools (e.g., PostGIS, PostgreSQL, QGIS)
- SQL, Spreadsheets, R and/or Python programming skills preferred
- Database management experience
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Familiarity with environmental and regulatory data
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a fast-paced team
Competitive salary, benefits, 401k match, and bonus potential
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Type :GIS analyst
Education: Bachelors degree
Experience: 2-4 years
Manages Others: No
Location: Rockland, MA (initial work will be remote due to COVID precautions)
Industry: Environmental Engineering, Environmental Consulting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.