The scope of the work is provision of technical and functional support, and inputs in the rolling out of the implementation phase of PEI.
Duties and responsibilities:
Providing technical support to the PEI Regional Programme and Sustainable Development Team (SD Team) and contributing policy advisory support, technical and functional assistance and inputs into reviews, policy documents, terms of references, PEI sustainability exit strategy and reports, and knowledge products pertinent to the PEI project and SD Team thematic area work. More specifically:
Task 1: Collecting and processing information/data on sustainable development, Rapid Integrated Assessment (RIA) tool, which is a UNDP tool and environmental SDGs with a focus on green economy, green growth, natural capital and other issues (such as gender/environment interface) including private sector interests and relevant methods and tools, with links to PEI and in the context of SDGs, for countries in the ECIS and beyond.
Task 2: Facilitate and support communications with the Country Offices (COs) in order to collect and filter information pertinent to PEI reporting requirements and to SD Team thematic area work.
- Finalization of PEI biannual/annual reports;
- Finalization of PEI ECIS donor reports;
- Finalization of PEI biannual/annual Data Sheets and M&E Framework.
Task 3: Support to knowledge management and knowledge production for PEI ECIS and also to SD thematic area work. This includes:
- Support to communication strategy of the SD related events;
- Support to event outcome documents;
- Updating and structuring the PEI Yammer site, as necessary, and disseminating material through the site;
- Enhance the aesthetics of current knowledge material structures;
- Populate UNDP’s new knowledge platforms (IRH Intranet and Yammer) for PEI ECIS and other material information pertinent to SD thematic areas in ECIS;
- Produce three knowledge products for PEI ECIS in 2017. More specifically, elaborate an article in the area of sustainable development policies and solutions in ECIS, and two blog posts for the PEI and IRH blog sites.
Task 4: Create a PEI ECIS publication and government material/document inventory of all PEI ECIS related existing documents and knowledge products in hard copy (where available) and soft copy formats and create the necessary virtual spaces (for soft copies) in the relevant knowledge platforms (IRH Intranet, Yammer).
Tasks 5 : Provide technical support to the organization of PEI Global retreat and PEI Regional Meeting of Practitioners (dates and duration still tbd), support to communication and preparation of outcome documents of the event
Deliverables and Reporting:
- Data collection methods on sustainable development, RIA and environmental SDGs prepared and an annual plan prepared for the collection and dissemination of materials;
- Materials collected for the SDG Modelling Workshop and organizational support provided;
- Material collected in support of the District Development Plan (DDP) mission to Tajikistan;
- Finalization of PEI 2016 Annual report, donor report and data sheets.
- Draft repository structure created for PEI inventory;
- Draft PEI toolkit is prepared to be used in other countries of the region especially PEI tools on green economy;
- Inputs provided to SDG Modelling Workshop outcome document/report;
- UNDP corporate knowledge platforms updated with latest tools and with the reports produced during the workshops and meetings.
- Material collected in support to CAREC learning module;
- Finalization of PEI 2017 bi-annual data sheet and report;
- Draft knowledge product drafted on green economy tools.
- Inventory finalized for PEI;
- PEI toolkit is produced to be used in other countries of the region with a special emphasis on green economy;
- Stories collected from at least two Central Asian Countries that will feed into blog posts;
- Materials collected for the SDG Regional Event in Turkey to disseminate PEI tools and products and organizational support provided.
- Knowledge product finalized on green economy tools;
- Workshop outcomes and reports prepared for the SDG Regional Event;
- Material collection and organizational support provided to regional and global events (the dates of the events not confirmed yet)
- Finalization of PEI 2017 annual report, donor report and data sheet;
- UNDP corporate knowledge platforms updated with latest tools and with the reports produced during the workshops and meetings;
- Completion of all tasks and deliverables if any of the abovementioned deliverables delayed or suspended due to programmatic or operational reasons.
The place, the dates, and the duration of the events and missions are not yet identified but at least two travels are envisaged, the mission costs will not have to be in the financial proposal and will be covered separately as per UNDP rules and regulations.
The consultant will report to the Team Leader for Sustainable Development Cluster. Draft versions of the written deliverables and progress reports shall be submitted for comments to UNDP. These draft versions of written deliverables and progress reports should be submitted at least one week in advance of the date upon which final version is expected to be delivered.
- Installment 1 – 17% of the contract amount upon confirmation by the Certifying Officer of satisfactory delivery Deliverable 1, indicative date: 2 months after start of the contract;
- Installment 2 – 17% of the contract amount upon confirmation by the Certifying Officer of satisfactory delivery of Deliverable 2, indicative date: 4 months after start of the contract;
- Installment 3 – 17% of the contract amount upon confirmation by the Certifying Officer of satisfactory delivery of Deliverable 3, indicative date: 6 months after start of the contract;
- Installment 4 – 17% of the contract amount upon confirmation by the Certifying Officer of satisfactory delivery of Deliverable 4, indicative date: 8 months after start of the contract;
- Installment 5 – 17% of the contract amount upon confirmation by the Certifying Officer of satisfactory delivery of Deliverable 5, indicative date: 10 months after start of the contract;
- Installment 6 – 15% of the contract amount upon confirmation by the Certifying Officer of satisfactory delivery of Deliverable 6, indicative date December 2017.