WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients’ complex challenges.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 10 water firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals that provide innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, permitting, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
As part of our water team, the Water Resources Engineering Civil Associate will support the planning, modeling, and design of complex drainage systems, stormwater management facilities, and H&H analysis. The Civil Associate will act as the design task leader for stormwater projects; responsible for task budget and schedules; attending and actively participating in client meetings; and assisting in developing marketing proposals.
- Demonstrate technical ability in the design of water resources and drainage projects such as stormwater management systems, pipe hydraulics, bridge hydraulics, scour, floodplain evaluation, roadway and highway drainage design, NPDES permit compliance, and water quality BMPs.
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM-based programs, HY-8, and/or WinTR-55.
- Work closely with other disciplines in the project office as part of a multi-discipline team.
- Meet with and effectively communicate with project partners, project stakeholders and general public to maintain strong relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related Engineering degree
- Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) preferred
- 0-5 years of experience in related water resources design and management.
- Microsoft office skills as well as analysis software such HEC-RAS and Bentley or AutoCAD drainage software (i.e. Pondpack Culvert Master, SSA, Hydraflow), SWMM-based models, Microstation (GEOPAK or Inroads). AutoCAD is a plus.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.