About the region:
Torres Strait Island Regional Council (TSIRC) prides itself on being an employer of choice. TSIRC is one of two local councils found in the Torres Strait and represents 15 ‘outer’ island communities each with its own unique characteristics and service requirements.
About the role:
The Manager Water and Wastewater role sits within the Engineering Services function of Council and is responsible to lead and manage the Water and Wastewater team.
- Coordinate and manage the provision of project management and delivery of water and wastewater capital projects.
- Monitor, review and optimise water and wastewater systems.
- Contribute to the detailed specifications for water and wastewater projects to ensure best practise and optimisation to assets and processes.
- Undertake research and development of best practice and innovative approaches to the implementation of a range of strategic and operational initiatives to ensure water and wastewater service delivery standards within the 15 Torres Strait Island Regional Council communities are enhanced.
- Provide technical advice, planning and input to the Engineering operations team.
- Provision of timely and accurate reporting to Council, funding bodies and legislative authorities.
- Work with Engineering Operations to ensure compliance in reporting of incidents and annual data requirements.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Possession of Bachelor level (BE) qualifications in Engineering in the area of civil, mechanical or environmental engineering with demonstrated experience in one or nore areas including planning, construction, management or operation of water supply and wastewater schemes.
- A current “C” class Type Provisional or higher Queensland Driver’s Licence.
- The ability to be culturally responsive by demonstrating an understanding of the issues affecting Torres Strait Islander people and communicating with sensitivity and effectiveness.
Regular travel to the Torres Strait Islands is a requirement of this position.
What’s on offer?
- Professional Development after 12 months of service
- Extra Superannuation
- Travel Allowance
For more information about the role, click to download PD or contact the People & Wellbeing Team on 07 4034 5731.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now’.
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter and identify how your knowledge, skills, experience, personal attributes and qualifications are most relevant to the position, along with an updated resume.
Applications close, Friday, 28 August 2020 at 5pm.