The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation. Our task is to improve international protection of refugees and internally displaced persons, and to offer humanitarian assistance regardless of race, nationality or political views. Our efforts are founded on the principle that all human beings are entitled to a life in peace, liberty, safety and equality, as this is expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. NRC has been working in South Sudan since 2004. Our core activities include Education, Shelter & WASH, Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL), and Information, Counselling & Legal Assistance (ICLA).
All NRC Employee are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s values. to be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitude and believe that shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the Programme Development Manager is to be responsible design, develop and implement WASH programme/project with the aim of start-up and expand WASH response in a static and post emergency setting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop WASH strategy, technical SOPs / guidelines and Macro LFAs
- Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, WASH tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Responsible of development and manage funding proposal, project budgets and donor reports
- Overall management of project staff
- Coordinate and manage WASH project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills
- Liaison and collaborate with relevant local and national authorities and stakeholders and represent NRC in relevant forums/cluster/working groups.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Support the consideration and inclusion of cash-based interventions and market-based approaches within (and across) NRC core competency responses, where appropriate.
- Support Rapid Response Team in WASH programing
- Represent NRC in WASH cluster and other relevant coordination platforms
- Ensure WASH data is captured in GORS and any other NRC data system in coordination with M&E team
- Develop and revise designs of common WASH structures
- Contribute to Project Proposal Development and donor reporting on WASH projects
Please click on this job description for more details
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- University Degree in Engineering, Public Health, or related field
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical WASH expertise with focus on hard ware
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Knowledge of the context in South Sudan
- Knowledge of the local language South Sudan is an advantage
- Experience with start-up
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
We can offer
Contract Duration: 12 Month contract
Travel: 40% within South Sudan
Duty station: Juba
*This position is open to Nationals of South Sudan Only*
*Female Candidates are encouraged to apply*