This position is located in the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Farm Production and Conservation (FPAC) Business Center (FBC), National Water Management Center. Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Little Rock, Arkansas.
- At the full performance grade level (GS-14), the incumbent will serve as a technical expert in the ecological aspects of watershed planning, providing national leadership and assistance to all NRCS state level specialists.
- Assists with development of complex water resource plans and reports and provides support to national technology and program leaders in policy development and interpretation.
- Develops training courses and conducts workshops and training, reviews water resource project plans, and leads/serves on national level work teams and task forces to address water resources planning issues.
- Provides NRCS-wide technical expertise, leadership, guidance, and assistance to state conservationists and their staffs in water resources planning.
- Considering agricultural production systems, ecosystem health indicators, and the quality of soil, water, air, plant, animal and human conditions.
- Facilitates a partnering approach to water resources investigations collaborating with ecology experts from NRCS, other agencies, educational institutions, and other public and private sector organizations.