This position is located on the Rogue River-Siskiyou National Forest in Medford, OR.
This position serves as a Hydrologist on a Forest Service unit with responsibility for Forest level program management of the Watershed Program.
For further information about the duties of this position contact Eric Burke at email@example.com or 541-690-0538.
- Duties listed are at the full performance GS-12 level.
- Develop soils and water program priorities based on data collected through the national watershed condition framework, watershed analyses, hydrologic function, soils inventory and assessment, water quality, and Best Management Practices (BMP?s).
- Provide guidance to soils and hydrologic staff to meet watershed constraints while carrying out planned resource activities such as timber harvest, road construction, range, wildfire and recreation programs.
- Interpret policy or program materials from higher authority or regulatory entities.
- Prepare reports on a variety of complex projects involving analysis of data collected and the environment from which it was collected.
- Serve as a liaison with other government entities in the development /administration of forest activities with potential hydrologic and/or soils impacts.
- Provide a variety of hydrologic recommendations for the watershed management program.
- Develop partnerships and agreements for watershed restoration and water quality through coordination with state and federal agencies, municipalities and non-government organizations such as watershed councils.