The purpose of the Shelter & WASH Coordinator position is to implement delegated Shelter, WASH and NFI project portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities
- Project Cycle Management (PCM) & Implementation. responsible for the successful implementation of the Shelter, WASH and NFI activities throughout the full project cycle. Produce key PCM documentation (e.g. M&E Matrix, Procurement Plans, logical frameworks, budget, etc.); monitor procurement processes and budget spending.
- Capacity Building. Responsible for supporting the successful capacity building of Shelter, WASH and NFI staff in relevant competencies. This includes ensuring performance management, identification of capacity building needs, and planning and resourcing capacity building initiatives within the framework of the NRC Syria strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Technical Quality. Responsible for ensuring implementation of high quality Shelter and WASH projects in accordance with the agreed NRC Syria Country and CC Strategies, tools and guidelines.
- Programme Development. Responsible for supporting high quality Area Office-level input into the NRC Syria Shelter & WASH programme development initiatives (e.g. Core Competency Strategies).
- Project M&E. responsible for accurate and high quality Monitoring and Evaluation of delegated projects, including information management and archiving.
- Reporting. responsible for accurate and high quality contributions to the reporting of achievements through all relevant reporting mechanisms.
- Protection Mainstreaming. Responsible for supporting protection mainstreaming in all Shelter/WASH/NFI activities throughout the project-cycle.
- Coordination & Representation. responsible for representing NRC Shelter & WASH programmes in Area-level coordination mechanisms, in formal and informal forums and through bilateral (peer) coordination.
- 2 Years of experience of project implementation in humanitarian/recovery contexts.
- Minimum 5 years of experience of working in construction/engineering projects with tight deadline and budget supervision; including at least 2 -3 years in a supervising a team.
- Bachelor Degree in civil, structural engineering, architecture or similar; Master Degree is preferable; any relevant professional certification is a plus.
- Technical Shelter or WASH and Emergency Response expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Office applications.
- Knowledge of the context in Syria.
- Experience with remotely managed programming.
- Experience with partner-led programming.
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
We can offer
Contract period: end of year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Duty station: Aleppo
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Candidates who do not fill the website application form in details may not be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position