Employment Type: Temporary, Part-time 10 hours per week with flexible hours
Wascana & Upper Qu’Appelle Watersheds Association Taking Responsibility Inc. (WUQWATR) located in Regina, Saskatchewan, is a not-for-profit NGO that works with stakeholders primarily in our 23,443 square kilometre watershed. In partnership and collaboration with the Water Security Agency, ALUS and the Ministry of Agriculture, WUQWATR delivers innovative watershed management and source water protection to all stakeholders. The mission at WUQWATR is to lead society to develop and implement watershed planning and programs.
WUQWATR needs a skilled, organized, and detail-oriented Communications Coordinator to create newsletters, social media posts, update website content, and to handle event coordination and community outreach. The successful candidate will maintain content governance and processes, including brand guidelines, across all print and digital communications including signage.
The successful candidate will contribute to a positive and healthy work environment and be self-motivated, professional, innovative, and committed to service excellence.
What You Will Bring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to write content.
- Excel in organization and problem solving, including the ability to prioritize tasks and projects.
- Willing to learn/share information as a team, and able to work independently.
- Self-starter with understanding of graphic design and print/radio/online media.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- Experience using social media platforms in a professional manner.
- Experience with web analytic tools and web content entry via WordPress; digital or multi-media certificate is an asset.
- Agricultural experience or understanding would be an asset.
Candidates should have a relevant undergraduate degree or equivalent diploma and at least one year of related experience. Design or digital certification would be an asset. Equivalent education, experience, and/or training will be considered. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
We are committed to workplace diversity.
Number of Openings: 1
Closing Date: August 28, 2020 11:59pm
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00-$18.00 per hour
- Flexible Schedule
- On-site Parking
There are only two other employees working in the Regina office and desks have adequate space between them to accommodate social distancing. Employees have the ability to work remotely.
- Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)