U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Downingtown, PA, United States
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
- Salary: $47,014 (Step 01) to $74,762 (Step 10); NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
As a Hydrologist within the Pennsylvania Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Collect and analyze hydrologic data relating to groundwater, surface-water, and water quality.
- Participates with higher level project hydrologists in the development of project proposals or descriptions, which summarize critical information relating to the objective, approach, funding, and expected results of proposed investigations.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of the latest state-of-the-art techniques, instrumentation, and technology applicable to the conduct of hydrologic studies and data collection/analysis activities. Installs, operates and maintains scientific instruments. Conceives new approaches or modifies existing methods of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting hydrologic information.
- Prepares reports of findings for assigned parts of interpretive studies summarizing the results of hydrologic investigations and analyzes and interprets records of groundwater quantity and quality. Has understanding of groundwater and water-quality modeling concepts.
- Directs the work of technicians and lower grade scientists serving as members of project teams in the collection and analysis of hydrologic information collected.