The USAID Pacific Climate Ready Project, implemented by AECOM, will provide a wide range of high-level, high-visibility technical assistance and capacity-building support in climate change adaption (CCA) and CCA finance. Project objectives include: (1) strengthening and mainstreaming CCA policies and laws; (2) enabling access to multilateral and bilateral climate change funds; and (3) strengthening implementation of CCA projects. Target countries will include: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
The Senior Climate Change Adaptation Finance and Policy Advisor will work closely with two other Senior Advisors and the Chief of Party to lead technical program implementation in Fiji and the surrounding region.
- Provide overall project administrative and financial oversight;
- Supervise M&E activities;
- Liaise with HO and USAID on monthly financial and technical reporting;
- Work with the COP and other Senior Staff on work plans, quarterly and annual reports;
- Oversee capacity building activity design and implementation, and knowledge management;
- Supports implementation of IDIQ task orders;
- Liaise with other two Senior Advisors to ensure effective operations of sub-offices.
- 6-10 years of progressively responsible experience and a proven track record in climate change finance, environmental policy, or relevant development assistance;
- Combination of technical expertise, familiarity with current climate change adaptation funding mechanisms, and the ability to effectively communicate with senior leaders within the U.S. and regional governments;
- Strong familiarity with the countries and cultures of the Pacific Islands and an extensive professional network in the Pacific are desired;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and at the same time communicate effectively with both the READY management team and USAID;
- Relevant master’s degree in the component field.