Wetlands International South Asia
Wetlands International South Asia invites applications for the post of Project Assistant
The Integrated Management of Wetland Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Project, hereinafter IMWBES, is a Full-Scale, five year, Global Environment Facility funded project of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and United National Environment Programme as the GEF Agency. The IMWBES project has a goal of “conservation and wise use of wetlands for sustained provision of their full range of ecosystem services and maintenance of biological diversity.” The project objective is to “enhance management effectiveness of wetlands of national and global significance and integration in developmental programming”. Wetlands International South Asia as the Lead Technical Support Agency (LTSA) of the project is anchoring the Project Management Unit (PMU) and providing technical backstopping to project implementation.
Wetlands International South Asia invites application for the position of Project Assistant for the IMWBES Project. This full-time, five year position will be based at New Delhi. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain project documentation
- Support development and management of project contracts
- Support organization of National Project Steering Committee and Technical Advisory Group meetings
- Collate information on project performance
- Masters degree in ecology, natural resources management, hydrology, water management, environmental sciences, environmental planning and related disciplines.
- Atleast one year experience in handling similar assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Experience of survey and assessment of wetlands.
- Understanding of GIS and mapping tools.
- Understanding of existing policy environment and regulations on wetlands.
The position carries an all-inclusive gross monthly remuneration of Rs.25,000/-.
How to apply
Interested candidates may send in their detailed resume to [email protected] by August 21 , 2020 with the following in the subject line: ‘Application: Project Assistant – IMWBES Project’. The resume should provide information on candidate’s ability to meet the mentioned qualifications and experience and perform the tasks described above. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for an interview in person.