Wetlands International South Asia invites applications for the post of Wetland Specialist
The Integrated Management of Wetland Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services Project, hereinafter IMWBES, is a Full-Scale, five year, Global Environment Facility funded project of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and United National Environment Programme as the GEF Agency. The IMWBES project has a goal of “conservation and wise use of wetlands for sustained provision of their full range of ecosystem services and maintenance of biological diversity.” The project objective is to “enhance management effectiveness of wetlands of national and global significance and integration in developmental programming”. Wetlands International South Asia as the Lead Technical Support Agency (LTSA) of the project is anchoring the Project Management Unit (PMU) and providing technical backstopping to project implementation.
Wetlands International South Asia invites application for the position of Wetland Specialist for the IMWBES Project. This full-time, five year position will be based at New Delhi. Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a technical focal point for matters related to project
- Prepare Terms of Reference for FSP components, Demonstration Project Site Teams, and Consultants
- Maintain project web-site
- Conduct periodic monitoring visits to the demonstration sites and assess progress of implementation of integrated management plans
- Maintain an overview of development and use of various tools, knowledge products, capacity building and outreach programmes
- Masters degree in ecology, natural resources management, hydrology, water management, environmental sciences, environmental planning and related disciplines.
- Atleast three years’ experience in handling similar assignments.
- Ability to communicate clearly via written, spoken, and graphical means in English and other relevant languages.
- Ph D on a topic related to wetlands
- Experience of survey and assessment of wetlands.
- Understanding of GIS and mapping tools.
- Understanding of existing policy environment and regulations on wetlands.
The position carries an all-inclusive gross monthly remuneration of Rs.70,000/-
How to apply