Overall purpose of the role:
- Ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up of all technical aspects of the sector activities being implemented by DRC
- Develop and maintain good relations with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders and other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of DRC’s sector activities
- Sector responsibilities: Emergency water supply, hygiene item distribution, hygiene information and education, construction of latrines, installation water points, wells and water storage. Water purification.
Geographic scope: Area (Rakhine)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to base operations.
Programming & Operations
- Ensure efficient and effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals and budgets for donors
- Lead the team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises
Coordination and representation
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external technical experts on sector relevant issues
- Represent DRC at meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings
- Ensure integration with other DRC sectors
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding
- Develop projects tools
- Project implementation and reporting
- Monitor and evaluate projects
- Support the monitoring of financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of practical experience in WASH working for an INGO
WASH field experience
- Experience with large scale distribution
- WASH knowledge in the following areas: water quality testing, menstrual hygiene management, water-related disease transmission, and water treatment and storage
- Experience with psychosocial support, gender and culturally sensitive activities, nonviolent communication and arts-based methods of community engagement is an asset
- Must have a strong track record of project documentation and managing large quantities of data
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification
- Fluency in local language
- Advanced English proficiency
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
- Understanding of operational context in Rakhine State.
- Starting date of employment: (Aug-2020).
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and CV only applications will not be considered. Apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After the closing date, applications are not to be considered. Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and DRC reserves the right to initiate the recruitment process before the deadline for application.
Deadline for submission of applications: 20- August-2020