The incumbent is supervised by the Associate Field Officer (Protection) who provides general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches. S/he works quite independently on assigned functions with an oversight from supervisor.
Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
– UNHCR country operation has sufficient technical support in the field of Environment thus better able address environmental issues related to persons of concern and meet their needs.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
– Ensure coordination among all actors concerned with planning a response to refugee-related environmental issues in refugee areas in the field office. Monitor the implementation of environmental projects.
– Assist in the management of UNHCR¿s assistance projects in the form of project submissions, revisions and reallocations in the field sector throughout the project lifecycle. It requires needs assessments, planning, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation of field related activities; Monitor the implementation of activities in the field and related sectors¿ sub-project agreements and any parts of projects directly implemented by UNHCR through physical verification and financial monitoring.
– Provide technical support and coordination of all renewable energy activities in the operation.
– Assist in management of activities within the UNHCR programming modules such as FOCUS while providing support to programme colleagues in RBM based activity management and reporting within the technical/field unit.
– Provide technical backstopping in renewable energy activities
– Advise the office on sustainable Environmental interventions.
– Participate in COP on identifying priority interventions.
– Support field and programme units in coordination of relevant activities.
– Take part in the continuous and periodic monitoring and evaluation of field/technical activities.
– Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
– Represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
– Provide recommendations and advice on environmental interventions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
– Completion of secondary education, with post-secondary certificate/ extensive training in Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Natural Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or Agro Forestry or related fields.
– Minimum 11 years of relevant experience including experience in programming and management of donor funded projects preferably in humanitarian assistance settings.
– Excellent knowledge of English and local language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
– Technical understanding of solar/wind systems.
– Project management and control skills.
– Programming background.
– Any training on Environmental interventions in Emergencies.
– UNHCR Learning programmes