Join Cardno’s Science & Environmental team in Portland, OR or Seattle, WA to play an integral part as an Environmental Scientist conducting research and compiling data and information. Cardno is currently seeking a motivated biologist to support a high volume environmental services program for a large utility client. The successful candidate will oversee delivery of consulting services and client deliverables, develop improvements to workflow, coordinate with the Program Manager, and direct various tasks and subprograms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- >Assisting technical specialists in the field with biological, aquatic, botanical, water quality, and geomorphic surveys and monitoring efforts.
- >Preparing and securing wetland permits.
> Review workload needs to evaluate and adjust staffing needs as necessary to meet client goals.
- >Preparation of technical reports, plans, and permit applications.
- >Supporting NEPA, SEPA, and similar environmental review documents.
- >Managing projects from conception through completion.
- >Managing clients and project budgets.
- >Located in Portland or Seattle with frequent travel between locations.
- >Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, natural resource management, planning or related field.
- > Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- >4-7 Years of experience in similar role.
- >Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- >Project management experience.
- >Ability to process, organize, and evaluate large volumes of information.
- > Ability to exercise professional discretion and judgement.
- > Ability to adapt the team and organization in a changing/dynamic environment.
- > Possess an outgoing personality to network with Cardno and subcontractor staff.
- >General knowledge of various environmental permitting processes, especially permits state and federal wetland permitting.
- >Familiarity with stream and wetland ecology and design/implementation.
- >Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office Excel.
- >Proficiency in GIS (professional experience or course experience) and/or Field GPS units.
- >Willing and able to travel to field sites and other Cardno office locations.
- >Ability to work well independently and with a diverse, multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, team oriented work environment.
- >Strong time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks/projects and meet project deadlines.
- >Self-motivated with strong initiative.
- >Masters degree is preferred.
- >Professional Wetland Scientist or Wetland Professional-in-Training, a plus.
- >Positive, flexible, and team-oriented.
- >Detail oriented and resourceful.
>Positive and energetic attitude.
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants