Project Manager (Water Resources)
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 offices worldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting, specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure, security management and intelligence solutions.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Michael Baker is seeking a highly motivated Project Manager with experience managing water design projects, while maintaining schedules and budgets. Extensive experience with client/permitting agencies, adept with professional networking and desire to further develop Michael Baker International’s water services in the Philadelphia Office and our NER.
- Clients: SEPTA, PADOT, DRPA, USACOE, PWD, AMTRAK, FEMA, and various local and county municipalities.
- Experience with (but not limited to) Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling (including steady, unsteady and 2D), drainage design, stormwater management design and regulations, water/wastewater treatment and conveyance systems, MS4 Compliance.
- Prepare federal, state, local permit applications and interface with regulatory agencies.
- Serve as Project Manager for both large and small water/wastewater infrastructure improvements.
- Manage and prepare proposals.
- Oversee the development of design drawings and reports.
- Mentor and train junior staff.
- Invoice projects, track schedules and budgets.
- Bring relationships with other large consulting firms and partnership ideas.
- Coordinate and manage subconsultants.
- Coordinate with contractors.
- Oversee post design/construction services.
- Continue and build relationships with various clients.
- Attend and facilitate project meetings and prepare/make presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- 10+ years of experience managing water resources tasks/projects required.
- Professional Engineer licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York (or the ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access).
- Excellent communication and written skills, time management, ability to multitask and prioritize competing project obligations.
- Ability to work well on a team, provide feedback and motivate junior staff.