Project Manager (Special Projects - Water Management - Government)
Purpose of this position:
Manage and lead operational water management of the City's parks and open spaces to meet the City's water targets, deliver on the parks water savings action plan and contribute to the City being a leading environmental performer in line with the Clients' 2030 strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage water projects to enable responsible, holistic water management of the City's parks and to drive a reduction in parks potable water use to meet organisational standards. Ensure projects are effectively planned, designed, procured, managed, constructed and completed at the highest possible quality standards, using best practice project and asset management principles and delivered within the constraints of adopted time frames and budgets.
- Develop and manage ongoing service contracts relating to water management within parks (operation and maintenance of recycled water and irrigation systems) to drive reductions in potable water use. Ensure operations and assets are managed efficiently, best practice approaches to water management and innovation are embedded in contracts and outcomes are monitored and measured.
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of holistic water management across City parks through engagement with internal and external operational staff. Implement process improvements to standardise processed and increase capability of operational staff.
- Effectively collect and analyse water use data. Monitor issues and trends in water use across the park's portfolio, act on data to ensure operational issues are addressed quickly and identify and address (where possible) gaps in data required to drive performance.
- Good governance, strong project management control and effective decision making in the delivery of water projects and contracts. Develop specifications, technical investigations, contracts and other service delivery arrangements for water projects and programs and ensure service provider compliance with specifications through appropriate controls and effective performance management.
- Meet the City's legislative obligations and contractual conditions in relation to delivery of parks water infrastructure and services. Provide effective risk management through proactive identification, prioritisation, treatment, monitoring and reporting of risk and compliance with legislation and guidelines.
- Ensuring strong and effective communication and consultation with the
- Community, internal stakeholders, government agencies, contractors, operational staff and other stakeholders, providing a responsive, informed interface establishing and maintaining partnership for change.
- Champion best practice standards through client-side roles, for efficient parks water use and ensure asset management, service delivery and strategic requirements are achieved.
Liaising with stakeholders and using problem solving, technical skills and effective
communication to achieve sustainability outcomes.
Develop and manage contracts and projects to ensure the Council is delivering on its strategic objectives while balancing operational, asset management and community needs.
To be held accountable for working conditions under the control of the position and for detecting any unsafe or unhealthy conditions or behaviour and to take immediate steps to investigate and rectify any risks to health, safety and welfare arising from any activity.
Tertiary qualifications at degree level in Engineering, Sustainability or Environmental Management or a similar engineering or science discipline with experience in water management.
Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and monitoring water projects and strategies to meet organisational objectives.
Demonstrated experience in leading, managing and controlling multiple projects and contracts that provide value for money, are delivered on time and achieve corporate objectives.
Project management experience and a track record in managing all stages of the project lifecycle including feasibility, consultants and contractors, documentation, authority approvals, procurement processes, contract administration, process development and implementation, risk management and handover.
- If you are interested in this or similar positions, apply through the link required or send your cv direct and in confidence to