Join a world class team that is committed to bringing clean energy to British Columbia for decades to come! Located at the Site C Dam, Peace River Hydro Partners is the prime contractor on the BC Hydro Site C Clean Energy Project. Our team consists of professionals representing over 30 different occupations. We value diversity and respect in the workplace. We need you to help us build this legacy!
Under the general direction of the Site Environmental Manager, and with minimum supervision, the successful environmental monitor will perform field and offices duties to ensure the Site C Clean Energy Project is in compliance with the environmental approvals (Licences, permits, authorizations, etc.) and / or environmental protection plans.
- Conducts daily field inspections and reporting to ensure compliance with the environmental protection plans (EPPs) and other regulatory approvals
- Prepares and submits reports regularly to ensure thorough documentation and recording of environmental protection aspects of the project
- Collects field-based samples (i.e. water, soils) and records data and observations in an accurate and well-organized manner
- Conducts monthly groundwater well water quality samples and ARD/ML pH rinse tests
- Assists in the operation and maintenance of equipment, including laboratory, field, and monitoring equipment
- Performs investigations of environmental incidents, prepares written reports and recommendations
- Maintains and ensures calibration of field monitoring equipment and related computers
- Communicates effectively with project team members
- Executes health, safety and environmental policies, programs, etc.
- Environmental inspecting and monitoring (such as field/site inspections, water sampling, field assessment of vegetation, aquatic species and wildlife), and use of GPS equipment
- Ensuring that fuel and other spills are properly reported and cleaned up
- Preparing daily reports and incident reports
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess a robust work ethic and be able to work independently, while able to thrive in a team environment
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in the writing of technical reports, data entry, data compilation and the management of databases
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to identify bird species from sight and sound, as well as conduct bird nest sweeps, surveys, and implement mitigation measures
- Knowledge of BC Water Quality Guidelines