Elevation-Derived Hydro Data Scientist
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking an Elevation Hydrography Data Scientist to be a part of our Geospatial department working with elevation derived hydrography to support the USGS National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) program, helping develop National Hydrography Datasets (NHD), NHDPlus High Resolution data, and Watershed Boundary Datasets (WBD). You will work closely with a team focused in the continued development and process improvements surrounding the creation of hydrographic data from 3D Elevation Program (3DEP) elevation sources. This is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced individual to join a team of professionals while working in a multidisciplinary consulting and engineering firm. The firm succeeds through the individual and collaborative skills of its people therefore we offer opportunities for professional growth while working with and applying the latest technology. Typical responsibilities are to work on the GIS/IT and Remote Sensing related projects for Local, State and Federal clients across the US.
This position can be located in any one of these locations: Denver, CO, Fairfax, VA or Tampa, FL.
- Working with IfSAR, LiDAR, and NHD/WBD data, producing flow and elevation models;
- Elevation, Conflation, Feature, and other specific data Processing and Manipulation;
- Create a variety of digital mapping/remotely sensed products using various software platforms;
- Capture, produce, geo-process and analyze data;
- Create and manipulate databases;
- Creating Scripts/Models/Macros in multiple software platforms;
- Help develop training processes;
- Design and implement solid quality control procedures;
- Problem resolution, task management, collaboration, report and metadata writing
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Hydrology, Geography, GIS, or related field.
- 5 +years of experience in the GIS/Remote Sensing Field. Focused on producing and working with NHD, NHDPlus and Hydrology data.
- Working knowledge of LiDAR classification and DEM creation.
- In-depth knowledge of ESRI’s software suite including ArcGIS 10x, ArcPro.
- Proficiency in basic computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Mentoring, training junior GIS analysts a plus.
- Terrascan, GeoCue experience a plus.
- PLTS tool kit experience a plus.
- Quality Assurance, documentation and providing feedback.
Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.