This position is located on California Ecological Sciences (Resource Technology) Staff and is located in the United States Department of Agriculture, (USDA), Natural Resources Conservation Service, (NRCS) California State Office.
The incumbent provides statewide leadership for all water quality related activities of NRCS in California and is supervised by the State Resource Conservationist. Serve as liaison to the State Water Quality Control Board and regional boards.
- Serve as the liaison to the State Water Quality Control Board, and ten regional boards
- Independently provides leadership, direction, and training throughout the state for all regulatory, policy, and technical aspects of water quality.
- Develops and maintains directives, procedural manuals, and technical guides to include appropriate technical information on water quality.
- Coordinates with NRCS National Headquarters (NHQ) and National Technology Support Centers to assure that state water quality conservation activities are consistent with statute, regulation, and national policy.
- Comprehensive work with agency and NGO partners developing relationships, and leading efforts to coordinating programs addressing water quality efforts
- Collaborates with local representatives of other agencies in the gathering and analyzing of data from field trials and research projects.
- Contributes to the strategic direction and business planning, including performance, regarding the direct assistance and technology transfer, collaboratively, training, of policy, procedures, guidance, and tools.
- Performs duties in a manner supportive of a safe and health work environment, and exercises safety precautions when exposed to dangerous objects, chemicals, extreme temperatures, etc.
- Serves as an incidental motor vehicle operator on public and private roads during daylight and after dark as needed to perform the duties of the position.