CHARACTERISTICS OF THE JOB
- Job location: ICRA – Catalan Institute for Water Research, Girona, Spain
- Number of positions available: 1
- Expected start: October 2020
- Temporal Position. The position is for 20 months (approximately)
- Gross Annual Salary package: 18.000 – 22.000 € to be arranged according to the candidate’s skills.
JOB PURPOSE / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Technology and Evaluation (TiA) Area at ICRA looks for a research technician to work in the SUGGEREIX project, a research project funded by the Catalan Water Agency (ACA) and carried out by ICRA together with Eurecat, Cetaqua, UPC and the Catalan Water Partnership.
Specifically, ICRA is responsible for reviewing and developing strategies for water quality monitoring including hazard prioritization (Work package 2). ICRA will also review online monitoring strategies for operational monitoring of individual barriers in water reclamation plant (Work package 2), while other entities in the consortium focus on risk management and treatment technology review (Work packages 3 and 4). ICRA is also responsible for integrating the information obtained in these technical work packages into a decision support system (Work package 5) that will allow generating suggestions for treatment trains and related decisions for the provision of reclaimed water.
For executing these tasks, we look for a motivated research technician to become a member of the SUGGEREIX research team. The position offers a collaborative environment across several Catalan institutions and water related disciplines. The position requires a communicative person, able to communicate with project partners, stakeholders and funders, carry out critical literature reviews of scientific literature and grey literature including water quality guidelines from a diversity of sources such as the World Health Organization. It also requires a methodological mind to structure information in such a way that the Decision Support Tool can be based on the reports and databases being generated.
- We are seeking for a highly motivated research technician that enjoys teamwork to become a member of the SUGGEREIX team.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with project stakeholders and partners.
- He/she will review scientific and grey literature related to water quality parameters and water quality monitoring in reclaimed water generation. The reviewed information will be compiled in overview reports and detailed databases.
- He/she will work with other project team members in structuring information for the inclusion in source databases for the decision support system.
- Participate in the edition of technical reports and deliverables summarizing the main project outcomes.