We are seeking a talented and motivated hydrogeologist scientist at the junior to intermediate professional level, for a permanent position. The scientist will contribute to the core framework of our groundwater research and consultancy in New Zealand. This work will include research across some of the many topic areas directly related to hydrogeological investigations at the local, catchment, regional, and national scales, with the specific topics dependent on the skills of the successful candidate. The appointment will be based at Wairakei Research Centre, Taupo.
New Zealand's borders are currently closed to all but New Zealand citizens and permanent residents. International candidates will still be considered, however may be required to work remotely from overseas as a contractor until such time as New Zealand's borders reopen.
- A minimum qualification of a MSc in geology, groundwater hydrology, groundwater modelling or a closely related engineering or scientific field. A Ph.D. in the above fields, or equivalent professional experience, would be an advantage.
- Ability to apply geology and hydrogeologic concepts to groundwater research and commercial consultancy problems in relation to water quantity and water budgets.
- GIS and coding skills, with aptitude and committed willingness to expand and grow these skills.
- Experience with local, catchment and regional flow system characterisation for resource assessments, groundwater-surface water interactions, aquifer characterisation, groundwater modelling, water supply, and/or water quality assessment.
- Experience working in a team-based research environment.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Aquifer characterisation by remote sensing approaches
- Experience in aquifer testing, geologic and hydrogeologic field work and proven ability to operate hydrogeologic field equipment