Mooloolah River Waterwatch and Landcare Inc (MRL) is a small but dynamic not for profit community group located at Glenview on the Sunshine Coast. Our vision is a healthy Mooloolah River, its Catchment and the whole Sunshine Coast Biosphere. We have a significant project to deliver over the next five years, working with local landholders and stakeholders to deliver natural resource management projects to improve the catchment’s water quality.
About the role:
We are seeking an outstanding individual with a good understanding of land management practices, soil erosion, water quality and rehabilitation, who has excellent project management skills and a flair for stakeholder liaison and community engagement to enable the creation, coordination and delivery of NRM projects.
Projects will range from on-ground rehabilitation projects, workshops, information dissemination, community education initiatives and partnering with government and utilities providers to coordinate investment to improve environmental outcomes.
The successful applicant will join our small but lively team. The role requires a forward thinker who prefers project ownership and can work with a high level of autonomy. You will have strong and demonstrated experience in nrm project management and be able to prioritise and deliver projects on time and within budget.
To be a good fit for this role you’ll be a down-to-earth type with a positive and engaging personality and a ‘can do’ attitude.
In return, we offer a very flexible work environment where you can set your own hours (within the project parameters). You can work from our office at Glenview, or from home (for at least part of the job), or a combination of both. This role offers fantastic work-life balance, a social and friendly workplace, and the opportunity to deliver environmental projects that make a tangible benefit to the catchment.
- SC1 Appropriate tertiary qualification in natural resource management (or related field) with a high level of understanding of the principles and practices of natural resource management and at least three years relevant experience (experience is highly regarded). A good understanding of water quality, erosive processes, land management practices, and remediation methods will be highly regarded.
- SC2 Excellent people management skills and natural ability to liaise with landholders, stakeholders and contractors to negotiate, coordinate and deliver on-ground projects.
- SC3 Demonstrated skills in the development and implementation of NRM projects including on-ground projects, workshops, and community engagement activities.
- SC4 Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality project planning, budgeting, implementation, contractor management and reporting.
The position is approximately 12hours/week and can be arranged as part-time, or on a casual or contract basis. We have secured funding for this role for at least 5 years (pending satisfactory performance).
How to apply:
Full Position Description available at http://www.mooloolahwaterwatchandlandcare.org/positions-vacant.html
- A cover letter outlining your suitability for the position which addresses the Key criteria (2 pages max), and briefly responding to the Qualifications/Experience (1 page max); and
- Your CV with at least two referees who have knowledge of your work (referees will be contacted post interview with your permission).