U.S. nationals: Hydrologist
U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
Fairview, PA, United States
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
-The duty location is in the city of New Cumberland, PA in the township of Fairview.
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologist within the Pennsylvania Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Serves as Surface Water Specialist and as a consultant. and principal advisor to the PAWSC Director, Associate Directors for Hydrologic Surveillance Data and Studies Programs, Field Offices, and Section Chiefs, Technical Specialists, and Project Chiefs on all technical matters concerning surface water.
- As advisor to the Director, the incumbent continually evaluates PAWSC projects and programs related to surface water and recommends additional projects or changes in ongoing projects or networks needed to accomplish the mission of the PAWSC
- Provides technical assistance to PAWSC project chiefs in the design and execution of surface-water functional aspects of their projects.
- Keeps abreast of the latest surface-water technology; keeps project personnel informed on proper procedures and trains personnel in those techniques to ensure quality control in surface-water phases of programs.
- Reviews reports for surface -water technical and scientific accuracy and suitability for publication.
- Operates a motor vehicle as an incidental driver.