Job title: Strategic Communications Manager
Job type: Full time
Salary: Up to £29,000 depending on experience
Location: Remote working, preferably able to work regularly in London when current coronavirus restrictions are lifted
Reports to: Executive Trustees of the Climate Crisis Foundation
Our mission is to empower individuals to fund not-for-profit climate solutions. We are harnessing the power and reach of the financial services industry to create this new normal. The Climate Crisis Foundation is launching the Global Returns Project, a pioneering initiative which enables individuals to give 0.25% of their savings and investments annually to some of the most effective charities tackling the Climate Crisis; to Reinvest in Earth.
Our goal is to raise $10 billion annually to tackle the Climate Crisis. By funding climate solutions through us, our donors will not only contribute to fighting climate change but will also prove to financial institutions that their clients want an easy mechanism to fund effective climate solutions.
What we are looking for
The Climate Crisis Foundation is looking to recruit someone passionate about addressing climate change to join the team as Strategic Communications Manager.
This is an exciting opportunity at a fast-moving start-up. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the climate change and philanthropy sectors. The role is largely outward facing, so skills in strategic communications, sales, fundraising, marketing and lead generation are desired. The ideal candidate will be a productive and efficient self-starter, versatile and a strong team player.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the successful marketing and communication campaigns to support the Global Returns Project. This will include developing and implementing effective marketing and communication strategies, liaising with our PR agency and relevant charity partners, recruiting supporters and donors for the Global Returns Project, and monitoring and evaluating progress.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead identification, tracking, and conversion, including identifying effective ways to penetrate and convert target markets and building relationships with key decision-makers
- Supporting and running climate change presentations with targeted stakeholders for donor conversion
- Support on identifying leads and setting up connections for fundraising for operational costs and with financial institutions, maintaining and updating the relevant sales decks
- Developing and implementing marketing strategies, including paid advertising
- Coordinating marketing activities with PR agency and relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for recruiting and managing interns and volunteers undertaking sales, marketing and communications activities
- Developing and implementing communications strategies, including liaising with communications teams of charity partners and relevant stakeholders
- Communicating with potential and existing supporters and donors through drumbeat communications and specific campaigns, amplifying the voice of the Global Returns Project to become a known and trusted participant in the global conversation on climate action
- Designing and implementing outreach such as the fortnightly newsletter and relevant email campaigns
- Supporting the Trustees in the development and implementation of the Climate Crisis Foundation’s business strategy through networking, research, and relevant strategy sessions
- Managing company databases, including tracking and managing donor information and regular reporting to the Board of Trustees. Relevant programs include Salesforce, Mailchimp and the website backend.
- Monitoring and evaluating team’s progress in fundraising, sales and marketing, and addressing points of inefficiency to optimise conversions
- Also support on website development and maintenance, including updating copy and visuals, and liaising with web developer
Professional experience required
2+ years of experience in sales, marketing and/or strategic communications
- Undergraduate or post-graduate degree
- Strong interest and understanding of climate change
- Self-starter, adaptable and self-motivated
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and effective communication skills
- Strong time-management
Skills preferred but not required
- Sales skills
- Experience in fundraising or donor development
- Experience in social media or event management
- Experience with Mailchimp and Salesforce, or other similar CRM systems
Applications no later than 14 August. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
Start date: As soon as possible.