Position: Communications, marketing and outreach assistant (R-AD1608)
Period: Starting Feb 2017
Deadline: 07 January 2017
NewClimate Institute is a think tank which started operations in November 2014. We are a team of researchers and policy advisors with long experience in supporting the international climate negotiations and associated national and international processes. Through our policy oriented research and capacity building we help international organisations, national governments, NGOs and other actors to find and implement solutions to the global climate change challenge.
We seek a communications, marketing and outreach assistant, to support NewClimate Institute’s outreach strategies. Your work would include the development of outreach strategies as well as the maintenance of social media platforms and the website. The position also includes office management roles for NewClimate Institute’s Berlin office. It is envisaged that the role will be approximately 70% communications and outreach and 30% office organisation.
Possible tasks may include, for example:
- Maintenance and updating of NewClimate Institute’s website (based on WordPress platform)
- Overviewing the operationalisation of outreach strategies for project outputs and events
- Further development of outreach and marketing strategies
- Development of content for social media based on project outputs and news items (including design of text content, graphics and videos)
- Analysis of statistics/trends for website and outreach channels
- Design of printed material (e.g. flyers)
- Maintenance and further development of report and presentation templates
- Conceptualisation and design of infographics for communication of project outputs
- Office management tasks for an office of approx. 10 staff (e.g. ordering office materials, supporting office colleagues with administrative tasks, light IT support tasks)
The preferred candidate is a highly motivated graduate with a high degree of responsibility and an independent working style, strong skills in marketing and communications, and a deep interest in the field of climate change policy and sustainable development.
- Completion of a Bachelors or Masters’ degree programme in a field of study related to marketing and outreach (e.g. digital marketing, communication, media studies, journalism).
- High level of interest and basic knowledge in climate change policy
- High level of interest in digital marketing / outreach / communications
- Intermediate skills with software packages for graphic design
- Intermediate experience and/or knowledge of content management systems for website maintenance (e.g. WordPress)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Languages: English essential, advanced German strongly preferred.
- Eligibility to work in the EU
If you are interested in the position as described above, please send us your CV including a short cover letter to [email protected] referring to the number R-AD1608