Splash (www.splash.org) is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” In 12 years, we have reached over 700,000 children in cities around the world. In 2019, we embarked on an exciting, five-year initiative, Project WISE (WASH in Schools for Everyone), to reach every government school in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Kolkata, India with improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) infrastructure, WASH behavior change programs, and strengthened school-based menstrual health programs. This $45M Project will benefit one million children by 2023.
Our core values guide everything we do, including every hiring decision we make. They are:
- People – People first. People second. People third.
- Quality – Beautiful products that function and last.
- Honesty – No drama, no surprises, no BS.
- Joy – Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
- Mistakes – Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
This full-time position is based in Seattle, WA, USA.
We are looking for a forward-thinking, creative, and business minded Marketing and Communications Manager to join our Business Development Team. The Manager will help Splash build connections with external audiences including donors, prospects, and the greater community. This position will use the power of story to demonstrate our impact in a meaningful way.
This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong project management, and an analytical mindset. Qualified candidates should get energy from working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The Marketing and Communications Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Business Development. This is a new position and offers the opportunity to contribute to Splash’s mission in an environment that supports learning and professional growth.
Marketing and Communications
- Manage and maintain Splash’s online presence through our website; social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; as well as on platforms like Global Giving, Global Impact, and Classy. Evaluate effectiveness, manage the social media budget, and drive strategy to increase donations and engagement.
- Manage and create content for Splash’s digital editorial calendar, including events, e-newsletters, solicitation emails, and blogs. Monitor media coverage to stay informed about our work and achievements of key people in our community, consistently spreading the love across our social channels.
- Develop compelling content, including grant reports, beneficiary stories, solicitation materials, fact sheets, brochures, and other externally facing communications that convey Splash’s gratitude, progress, and impact.
- Work with the Program and Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation teams to ensure accurate and up to date external communications; highlight our impact through data using tables, charts, and other infographics.
Business Development Support
- Support partner-driven communications by responding to requests for photos, stories, case studies, and other marketing support.
- Create pitch decks and other materials for strategic meetings with institutional donors and other external parties.
- Facilitate partner site visits to our global offices, including itinerary design, coordination of trip logistics, and creation of briefing materials.
- Contribute to Splash events through event logistics, marketing, invitations, and follow up.
- Build strong relationships with companies and organizations by attending networking, sector, community, and social events.
- Be informed and articulate about Splash’s work and international water, sanitation, hygiene, and menstrual health (WASH+) issues.
Compensation & Benefits
Annual salary for this position will be established at time of hire, then reviewed at annually.
Splash provides generous benefits including paid time off, transportation benefit (Orca pass), medical, dental, and vision, as well as a 401k plan.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in communications, public relations, social sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in communications and marketing, preferably with work in the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and verbal communications skills.
- Competency in graphic design software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, and overall attention to visual elements of donor communications are a plus.
- Experience managing social media on multiple platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.). Working knowledge of MailChimp, Medium, and other publishing tools.
- Great organizational skills and the ability to manage and effectively prioritize multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office is required; Salesforce experience is a bonus.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES INCLUDE
- You are self-motivated, flexible, and nimble in a dynamic environment.
- You possess an extremely high level of trustworthiness, integrity, and work ethic.
- You are detail-oriented and conscientious in carrying out responsibilities completely and accurately.
- You love collaboration as well as independence and can work well with remote team members and different cultures.
- You have a commitment to and interest in the mission and core beliefs of Splash.