UNIT: Agriculture, Resilience and Water
Winrock is seeking Behavior Change Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded water security improvement project in Tanzania. The project will apply a facilitative approach, working across government, private sector, and civil society, to improve the provision and governance of WASH services and the management of water resources. The project will foster close alliances with national, district and basin-level water authorities and build their capacity for service delivery and regulation, while applying a market-driven lens to support private sector WASH service and equipment providers to deliver services to communities in Tanzania. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical leadership to activities that drive normative change and behavior change strategies, plans, and campaigns.
- Test and scale market-led mechanisms to promote and deliver inputs, services and technologies to motivate consumers to invest in WASH products and services.
- Crafting, field-test, and manage behavior change messaging
- Conduct training and capacity building activities related to behavior change practices for service providers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in behavioral or social sciences
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, including 5 years’ experience managing behavior change campaigns
- Relevant technical knowledge, skills, and extensive work in designing behavior change strategies, messages, tools and materials, media plans, and capacity building plans
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience integrating Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) into water security and livelihoods programming.
- Technical understanding of water resource management and sanitation.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Tanzania strongly preferred.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required
*Please note that all CVs must be submitted in English.