The position is part of a team responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of components of floodplain management in the SA Riverland. This includes coordinating the hydrological management of the Pike and Katarapko floodplains using environmental infrastructure to achieve ecological objectives in accordance with SA requirements and the Murray-Darling Basin Plan. The Senior Floodplain Officer positions are responsible for the development and implementation of projects, including monitoring and evaluation activities, preparation of environmental watering proposals, a range of reporting and undertaking significant communication and engagement with Traditional owners; key stakeholders and the wider community.
- May be required to participate in fire management and associated duties.
- Some intra/interstate travel involving overnight absences may be required.
- A current driver’s licence and willingness to drive is essential.
- 2 positions available.
- Located in Adelaide, negotiable in Berri.
ASO6 $92,784 min – $98,143 max p.a.
Jan Whittle, Program Leader, River and Floodplains
0429 695 109
Applicants to submit a CV and letter of application (max 3 pages) addressing the Technial, Professional/Knowledge and Experience section of the Role Description.
Applications close: 11/08/2020 6:00 PM
– ASO6 Senior Floodplain Officer Role Description.pdf
– employment declaration.pdf