Purpose / Category: Conference Coordinator
Contractor: Caritas Switzerland, Lucerne, Switzerland
Reporting to: Project Director “Agricultural and Water Pollution, South Asia”
Place of Work: Online
Duration: Mid of August – End of November (Span of 3.5 months)
Workload: 40 days
Caritas Switzerland is managing an Online Regional Event on Agricultural and Water Pollution to be held in early November 2020, which is a joint collaboration of the United States Department of State and Caritas Switzerland. South Asia Agricultural and Water Pollution - consortium project of Caritas Switzerland, Local Initiatives for Biodiversity, Research and Development - Nepal, DHAN Foundation - India; Arthacharya - Sri Lanka and Caritas Bangladesh - are responsible for the overall thematic management of the conference. As a consortium lead Caritas Switzerland is responsible for the identification of the conference coordinator to work in close collaboration with various stakeholders that are assigned various tasks for the conference.
2. Objective of the Assignment
Under direct supervision of the Project Director, the Conference Coordinator is responsible to ensure all the content and programmatic part of the conference, including online logistics and administrative aspects of the online event, adhering to the quality desired by the conference organisers.
3. Scope of Work
- Coordinate logistic, preparation and execution following the decisions from the conference planning committee prior to the event.
- Coordinate all the conference planning related areas including checking on coherence of planned programme, coordinating and communicating with the partners for presentations, write-ups and prepared materials.
- Coordinate and design in collaboration with the planning committee the format of the online event
- Participation in conference planning online meetings
- Finalise online platform, identify moderators and speakers and communicate with them in consultation with the regional project manager.
- Coordinate with US DoS, CaCH and partners for taking up of divided roles
- Prepare and finalise event agenda
- Coordinate the online and technical logistics of the event.
- Prepare, send out and confirm invitations, ensure registrations and send out participation links
- Prepare list of participants and confirm with participants prior to the event.
- Compile event related reference documents and circulate to participants, speakers and moderators.
- Ensuring remuneration to invited speakers and moderators
- Any other tasks that will arise in process of organization.
Responsible as person in-charge of logistics during the event including but not only limited to the following tasks:
- Registration of participants.
- Event hosting and moderation as and when required
- Ensure smooth flow and solving of any technical issues for and during the event.
- Rapturing and ensuring the conference recordings are made through audio and visual means for future reference.
- Any other tasks related to the conference.
- Prepare conference proceedings and get clearance of Conference Planning Committee.
- Circulate proceedings with relevant stakeholders.
- Check and clear final payments of all subcontractors to be paid by Caritas Switzerland.
The Conference coordinator is responsible to deliver the following:
- Action Plan: To be submitted within 5 business days after signing the contract.
- ToRs and contracts of various subcontractors: To be submitted to Caritas Switzerland for approval as per need.
- Event proceedings: To be submitted within 15 business days after conference.
5. Organisational setting and Workload
The coordinator will not be provided with an office space. The entire work set up is virtual including coordination and communication. The coordinator will be contracted by Cartitas Switzerland as per the project procurement policy.
The assignment is expected to take on average 40 working days (8 hours) between August to November 2020 .
6. Experience and Competencies
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience with INGOS, NGOs, Private Sector and governments
- Experience with organizing major online/not online events, especially in the South Asia region
- Experience in working in development projects in the South Asian region
- Experience working in the field of Agriculture Water Pollution or similar.
- Highly motivated and experienced in coordinating and planning international events.
- Ability to liaise with government, donors and stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Applicant must be confident, persuasive and able to negotiate.
- Excellent administrative, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent team work and participatory process skill.
- Flexible in working hours.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work duties as well as work competently under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Sound computer/ digital skills in particular to organizing online event through different platforms
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
7. Remuneration and Schedule of Payments
Daily rate incl. all taxes to be mentioned by applicant.
How to apply
Applications to be submitted no later than 08.08.2020 containing CV, minimum 2 references of major events organized by the applicant, motivational letter and daily gross rate to .