Do you want your work to make a difference? Do you enjoy being part of an inclusive team where respect for people is a priority? Then Sweco is the place to be. Working, as part of a small team within the Water and Asset Management business unit and reporting to the Flooding and Water Management Team Leader you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting with the development of capability statements and the submission of pre-qualification questionnaires, expressions of interest and tenders.
- Assisting with the cultivation of new clients and the development of services with existing clients
- Working within agreed deliverables, key milestones, project methodology, quality assurance and control strategy.
- Undertaking project delivery tasks as defined by the Project Manager / Team Leader, which may include calculations, drawings, sketches and reports etc., as well as site investigations.
- Being aware of project needs and take personal responsibility to work to deliver these to agreed time, cost and quality requirements, taking guidance as required.
- Assess, document and communicate design change to the Project Manager / Team Leader.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in full compliance with the Company’s Integrated Management Systems (IMS).
- Complying with Sweco’s health and safety policies at all times.
- Undertaking significant elements of the feasibility and design and the checking / approval of outputs as directed.
- Working in close collaboration with, and support colleagues from other disciplines as required.
- Recommending improvements to technical policy, processes and design solutions where applicable, and share via the knowledge management channels as appropriate
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess:
- Some experience in water resources hydrogeology and water quality, but experience of environmental impact assessment, engineering hydrogeology and dewatering is useful.
- Must have a good hydrogeological understanding and the ability to critically evaluate potentially complex conceptual hydrogeological models.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a fluent and positive manner with other team members, contractors and clients. Must be able to produce well-structured reports in clear English.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft Office software, including MS Word and Excel.
- Developing competence in the use of standard hydrogeological and monitoring equipment software such as AquiferWin 32 and Diver Office.
- Developing competence of ArcGIS and groundwater modelling packages. Some experience of the application of Groundwater Vistas on real world projects would be useful
- Some hydrological experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Developing competence in the use of standard field equipment
Professional Membership and Qualifications
- B.Sc. and either a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in hydrogeology or a related discipline.
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as CIWEM or the Geological Society, and working towards Chartership. IAH membership also desirable.
- Demonstrate the Sweco values of being a truly committed business partner and always easy to do business with.
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek assistance when required
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload to ensure that timescales are met
- Good problem solving/contingency planning skills with ability to find quick, innovative and practical solutions
- Take responsibility for personal development and enable and support the learning of others
- Effective negotiation and persuading skills, able to manage and diffuse challenging situations
- Project a professional image to clients and colleagues
- Able to work collaboratively with others to form strong positive working relationships with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Able to recognise own impact on others and adapt approach where appropriate
- Demonstrate pride in work, through accurate timely delivery
What's in it for you?
You'll be working for a top ten engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer). An open and friendly environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to develop and shape tomorrow’s communities by being a trusted consultant to our clients. We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
If you believe you have the skill set required, are keen to join a business with genuine opportunities for career progression, then we’d love to hear from you.
More about us …….
Approachable and committed people are the core our business. Serving our clients in challenging projects is part of our daily work. Continuous development of your expertise is not an option but a requirement. Sweco plans and designs the communities and cities of the future. Our work produces sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure and access to electricity and clean water. With 16,000 employees in Europe, we offer our clients the right expertise for every situation. We carry out projects in 70 countries annually throughout the world. Sweco is the leading engineering and architecture consultancy in Europe, with sales of approximately SEK 18.7 billion (EUR 1.8 billion). The company is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
Sweco is committed to achieving equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.