Vice President (Accelerator)
Imagine H2O, the water innovation accelerator, empowers people to develop and deploy innovation to solve water challenges globally. Since 2009, our Accelerator has supported over 150 water innovation startups from over 50 countries. The program alumni have collectively raised more than $550 million in early stage investment and deployed solutions with municipal, industrial, and agricultural market leaders. Imagine H2O is a nonprofit organization supported by corporate partners, foundations, family offices, municipal agencies and other government partners.
What you’ll do
This is a unique opportunity to work with leading entrepreneurs, investors, and market adopters to create sustainable solutions to the global water crisis. As Vice President, Accelerator, you will be responsible for scaling and operating IH2O’s flagship accelerator program, while playing a central role in the overall organization's strategy. This is an executive role at a fast-paced organization widely recognized for its ability to source and support the most innovative solutions in water. You will join a talented team committed to creating an outsized impact on water resources, ecosystems, and communities.
In this role, you will be tasked with leading Imagine H2O’s Accelerator into its next decade -- building upon a successful track record while guiding the program’s continued evolution as the market-leading resource for entrepreneurs in the water sector.
- Lead IH2O’s flagship accelerator, providing insight, curriculum, and support to participating startups through a 10-month virtual program.
- Coordinate both the evaluation and mentorship processes, directly engaging and growing our global network of industry experts, investors, advisors, and alumni.
- Collaborate with IH2O’s accelerator partners to facilitate customer validation opportunities and deployment initiatives in high-impact markets.
- Engage IH2O’s alumni portfolio network through virtual and in-person events, and our forthcoming IH2OHub portal
- Lead the design and execution of IH2O’s annual Water Innovation Week
- Support IH2O’s other core programs, including IH2O Asia and the Urban Water Challenge
- Help manage IH2O’s startup database, online portal, and impact reporting process -- using CRM and our custom software platforms
Business Development & Strategy
- Assume P&L responsibility for IH2O’s Accelerator and scale its revenue model
- Identify and pursue sources of program funding and revenue, including the creation of proposals and collateral required to close new relationships
- Liaise with publicly traded water technology companies, leading water industry trade associations, impact investors, and water industry professionals
- Assume an external-facing role, representing the organization to entrepreneurs, investors, corporate partners, development institutions, and utilities
- Work with the President, Senior Staff, and Board of Directors to develop and execute strategic plans
The right candidates will have:
- A deep understanding of entrepreneurship
- A coaching mindset to supporting startups as well as a systems approach to providing programmatic value to startups
- Proven management skills in a fast paced environment
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to facilitate engaging discussions at industry events, webinars, and showcase programs
- Experience working at (or closely with) early-stage startups
- Experience in the water sector is preferred, but not a requirement
- MBA, or significant professional experience in finance, business consulting, or entrepreneurship
- Familiarity with entrepreneurial finance, venture capital, and impact investing
- Ability to be a team player, contributing to our internal culture and the success of our startups
- Passion for sustainability, innovation, and entrepreneurship
Compensation & Benefits
- We offer competitive compensation based on market data
- Full time, at will position
- Comprehensive health & welfare benefits
- 401k Retirement Options (4% match)
- Imagine H2O is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
- Please send a resume and cover letter summarizing your background and interest in the position to email@example.com
- Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile in your resume, and feel free to “follow” Imagine H2O!
Location: San Francisco*
Imagine H2O is headquartered in downtown San Francisco, but will remain a remote organization for the foreseeable future. Proximity to the San Francisco Bay Area is highly preferred, though we may discuss remote possibilities in certain situations.