Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.At NIKE Inc., we understand that the future of the global economy can and must be fundamentally reimagined when the baton is passed to the next generation. We stand at the forefront of sustainable design thinking. New technology, product innovation, + creative business models will serve to accelerate our mission. The path before us is uncharted. This makes the work that much more exciting. We seek the best and brightest to join us in our commitment to making the world a better place for all athletes*. If you have an entrepreneurial heart, and have passion for building a long term model, then let’s talk.
We live up to this mission via excellence in analytics, strategy development, stakeholder relationships, external associations, strategy execution, and innovation. Our work spans the entire company, giving our team a unique Nike, Inc. viewpoint. As an intern with Sustainable Business & Innovation, you will become part of the team that serves as a network hub for the collective crafting of Nike’s long-term future.
- Graduating with a Masters degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Sustainable Systems, Jurisdoctorate, or like discipline equivalent in December 2018 or May 2018
- Experience in data-driven analysis (Chemistry, Engineering, Computational Science, etc.) and demonstrated ability to draw conceptual conclusions from a broad set of disparate inputs
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts to a broad audience
- Strong teambuilding and leadership skills
- Confidence in providing strategic guidance
- Capable self starter, not afraid to ask questions
- Track-record of demonstrating entrepreneurial spirit in fast-paced environment
- General sustainability skills/knowledge
- Sports focus/interest & Passion for the brand
- Hard science skills – environmental sciences, green chemistry, natural resource management, ecology, material science, modeling, mathematics, engineering
- Coursework in business & economics, with a focus on global supply chain
- Experience in corporate sustainability, social impact investing, , operations, or finance
- Experience in open innovation – grand challenges, crowdsourced solutioning, innovation prizes, ideation competitions
Job ID: SRC-SBIGI-Collegiate
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.