Environmental Regulatory Specialist, Junior
Provide administrative, writing and editing, and budget analysis support related to the DoD’s environmental programs, including compliance with environmental laws, management of natural and cultural resources, cleanup of contaminated sites, fire and emergency services, green and sustainable buildings, installation emergency management, international environmental compliance and cleanup efforts, strategic sustainability planning, and planning to address chemicals of emerging concern. Assist action officers by managing workflow in the correspondence and task management system to complete end-to-end task and correspondence collaboration among different organizations within DoD, make corrections, and return correspondence packages to the originator for correction, as needed. Act as an alternate office workflow manager responsible for tracking office projects to ensure timely completion. Assist with developing and reviewing administrative and financial packages, input packages into OSD tracking systems, and track the progress of packages, program commitments, obligations, and expenditures. Develop reports, analyses, management plans and strategies, milestone plans and tracking, evaluations of program schedules, and deliverables tracking. Work closely with budget action officers to support the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution process and analyze financial transactions. Interface with personnel to coordinate meetings, maintain records and files, provide end-user support, and perform general administrative duties.
- 1+ years of experience in a professional business or government role
- Experience with environmental laws, regulations, policy or science, including coursework
- Experience with editing correspondence documents and policy memorandums
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with supporting DoD programs
- Experience in working with a task management system
- Knowledge of the structure and missions of the OSD and DoD components
- Knowledge of environmental laws, regulations, and policy
- Ability to work on multiple projects, multi-task, manage time effectively, and demonstrate flexibility in responding to conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Secret clearance a plus
- BA or BS degree in Science, Environmental Policy, or a related field preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.