Water Resources Engineer/Scientist
Are you looking for a chance to build your career with a company who is Leading with Science? Are you interested in working with a group of talented women and men who drive innovation and celebrate the global community? We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Mid-Level Water Resources Scientist or Engineer to join our team in our Research Triangle Park, NC office.
We are in search of a team member to join our family of engineers and scientists who has a strong quantitative and qualitative skillset to support municipal, state, federal, and private projects. In this position you will support assignments related to complex geospatial research and analysis, hydrologic, hydraulic, and water quality modeling, watershed management, sustainable infrastructure and practices, and stream restoration studies. You will apply various types of modeling and data analysis (watershed, landscape ecology, remote sensing and machine learning classifications, nutrient inventories, water quality, sediment transport, floodplain, water distribution, and/or computational fluid dynamics) to assist clients with watershed modeling, research and planning, geospatial analyses, stormwater management, environmental compliance, and floodplain management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research related to specific topics in watershed modeling and analysis, remote sensing and machine learning, and water quality management studies
- Compile, analyze, and research watershed dynamics, landscape and land change models, remotely sensed data, hydrodynamic and water quality data using GIS and statistical techniques
- Support development of ArcGIS online widgets, storymaps, and ESRI hub applications pertaining to watershed and ecological applications
- Write clean, concise and effective code within multiple programming languages (e.g. python, R, java)
- Support development and writing of innovative peer-reviewed publications
- Develop or prepare descriptive charts, figures/maps and tables/matrices
- Prepare memos to contribute to project documentation and deliverables
- Conduct quality control and assurance
- Support field work (upland, wetland, riparian and stream channel areas)
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Master’s degree (awarded or pending) in geospatial analytics, ecology or other related field from accredited institution (EIT or HIT certification preferred)
- Experience conducting complex geospatial analyses utilizing ESRI’s ArcGIS tools pertaining to land use and change, climate, water resources and/or landscape ecology
- Experience developing Python and R code related to geospatial modeling and mapping, data wrangling and management, and data visualization
- Understanding of general concepts related to hydrology, hydraulics, water quality, water resources planning, and environmental statistics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail; demonstrated track record of producing high quality reports and/or peer-reviewed publications preferred
- Highly motivated, collaborative, and innovative individual with interest in emerging topics in water resources
- Ability to manage time wisely; demonstrated aptitude for working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
What We Can Offer You:
- Excellence and Achievement awards for our highest performers
- Flexibility that allows our employees to balance quality work and their personal lives
- Competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities
- Office located in largest Research Park (RTP) in the country – RTP offers free events (social and fitness)
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.