Entry Level Water Resources Engineer
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry Level Water Resources Engineer for employment in the Dallas, TX office. AECOM is pleased to include you in a unique development opportunity, the Graduate Development Program (GDP). This program is designed to support your assimilation into the organization and assist with creating a foundation of knowledge for a successful career at AECOM. You will gain experience in your discipline through learning on the job and participate in development opportunities during the program, including access to AECOM's social media resources, group mentoring, and professional networking. The program also has learning activities that will be available to you, including webinars and on-line programs.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
This position is expected to begin August 2020.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzing hydrologic characteristics of river basins to delineate floodplains.
- Conducting engineering analysis (hydrology and hydraulics) under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Creating designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Collecting and analyzing data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
- Using computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Performing work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
Note: Sponsorship assistance will not be available for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil engineering or other related fields.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE).
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS suite of software.
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software.
- Basic knowledge of various water resources modeling programs (HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, InfoWorks, StormCAD/CivilStorm, WaterGEMs, etc).
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Must have a strong desire and willingness to learn.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 238648BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.