The WASH Advisor plays a key role in providing strategic direction and technical support in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CARE Yemen WASH Program. S/he works with technical staff at country office, field locations as well as CARE International Technical staff at HQ or home offices. S/he leads coordination and Representation at national level and establishes and Maintains strong relationships with stakeholders (Government, Clusters, local partners etc.). S/he will be required to regularly visit project sites or provide remote support to monitor and report on the quality of WASH program interventions. The position holder will take overall responsibility in regular reviews and implementation of CARE Yemen WASH strategy. S/he will also be required provide support to both Emergency and Development interventions in line with Care Yemen Country Office strategy.
- Strategic Planning & Program Design
- Program Quality
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL)
- Capacity building and Staff management
- Coordination & Representation
- At least BA degree in a related field like Public Health Engineering, Public Health Promotion. At least 5 years experience in managing both emergency or development WASH programs
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in WASH programming.
- Prior experience working in Yemen or similar contexts.
- Experience in Proposal writing and managing multi donor projects (experience in working with OFDA/USAID, UN- OCHA & DFID).
- Experience in coordination and representation at National Level including working through the cluster coordination mechanism.