The Red Deer River Watershed Alliance (RDRWA) is a designated Watershed Planning and Advisory Council comprised of multi-sector partnerships between government, conservation groups, industry, aboriginal communities, academia, and the public. Working under the Alberta Water for Life Strategy, the RDRWA seeks to engage our partners to demonstrate leadership in developing plans and programs that will protect the health and sustainability of the watershed.
The RDRWA is seeking a qualified professional to serve as Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible for enabling the achievement of the RDRWA’s vision, mission, and strategic objectives as guided by the organizations policies, and in accordance with the RDRWA’s Bylaws. The Executive Director is responsible for leading the operations of the organization, including strategic planning, governance, administration, finances, partnerships, programs, project management and communications. The Executive Director reports directly to the RDRWA Board of Directors.
We are seeking an individual who possesses the following qualities and skills:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic work environment
- Strong communicator, motivator, and builder of relationships
- Sound organizational, program development and project management skills
- Effective manager and leader of staff, volunteers, and contract personnel
- Experience in working with volunteer boards and non-profit organizations
- Committed to strong financial controls, governance excellence and organizational policy development
- Experience with grant application and contract management processes and the development of effective fund-raising activities
- Understanding of Alberta’s watershed management challenges, strategies, and plans
- Strong computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, bookkeeping software, and social media
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
The ideal candidate is a seasoned manager with at least 5 years related experience and possesses a minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related discipline [e.g. Geography, Environmental Sciences/Engineering, Natural Resource Conservation]. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit your resume, the names of 3 business references and salary expectations by August 5, 2020 to the RDRWA Executive Director Recruitment Team.
More information about the RDRWA can be found on our website at www.rdrwa.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance (we really appreciate your interest), but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Monday to Friday
- No Weekends
- management : 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19