U.S. nationals: Supervisory Hydrologist
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
Salary: $91,231.00 (Step 01) to $118,603.00 (Step 10);
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory Hydrologist within the Nebraska Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans work and sets priorities for completion of work based on difficulty of work and capability of employees. Keeps employees informed of work objectives and personnel policies.
- Supervises and directs interpretive water resources studies and the preparation of related reports. Supervises 15-18 hydrologists, hydrologic technicians, and students.
- Maintains liaisons with and coordinates the scheduling of project activities and technical standards with State agencies. Responsible for the administrative function of the Hydrologic Studies Section.
- Participates personally in the complex aspects of water quality, hydrogeologic, and other selected interdisciplinary investigations.
- Serves as consultant and expert advisor to various Federal, State, county and local agencies having water-related problems. Serves as consultant and advisor to District Chief on all phases of hydrologic studies.
- Operates a motor vehicle as an incidental driver.