Department of Geography & Environmental Sustainability at University of Oklahoma is seeking a doctoral student (GRA) to work with Dr. Jad Ziolkowska on economic and environmental impacts of weather events and importance of weather information for decision-making in Oklahoma. The goal of the project is to assess value of weather information based on the concept of sustainability. This position will involve data collection and collaborations with interdisciplinary research teams at University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University, and stakeholders in Oklahoma. Excellent communication skills are required.
The successful candidate will obtain a PhD degree in Geography.
Start date: Fall 2017
Duration: 4 years (competitive salary including tuition waiver and benefits)
Application deadline: January, 1st, 2017
Required qualifications and skills:
- MSc in one of the following areas: Geography, Meteorology, Environmental and Resource Economics, Agricultural Economics, Ecological Economics, Environmental Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, Ecology or related fields
- Experience with survey design/interviews, quantitative analyses and data processing
- Strong devotion to research, responsibility, punctuality, and very good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Innovative and independent thinking
- Proficiency in written and verbal English
- Interdisciplinary research experience is desired, but not required
If you are interested in this position, please email the following documents to Dr. Jad Ziolkowska ([email protected]) by the deadline: (1) research statement (addressing research experience, how the applicant’s skills can contribute to the project, and career goals), (2) resume, (3) unofficial transcripts, (4) unofficial GRE scores, (5) a writing sample, and (6) names and contact information to three references.
The selected candidate will need to apply and be accepted into a competitive graduate program in Geography at University of Oklahoma.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to contact Dr. Jad Ziolkowska as soon as possible at [email protected] for further details about this research opportunity.
The University of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity institution: www.ou.edu/eoo.